'Madden 15' Cover Vote News: Round 1 Results Are In, Round 2 Voting Begins [VIDEO]
The first round of voting for the Madden NFL 15 cover vote are over, and with the results in, round two of voting is officially underway. From the initial 16 players, the votes were cast, and only eight now remain. Read on to see which eight you have to pick from for Round Two.
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman was victorious against Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Alshon Jeffery, taking in an astonishing 73 percent of the vote.
- New Orleans Saints Tight End Jimmy Graham won over Green Bay Packers Running Back Eddie Lac with 63 percent of the vote.
- It was a closer match for Denver Broncos Wide Receiver Demaryius Thomas against Carolina Panthers Middle Linebacker Luke Kuechly, but Kuechly won in the end with 51 percent.
- San Francisco 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick was chosen over Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Nick Foles with 57 percent.
- Carolina Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton won against Pittsburgh Steelers Wide Receiver and Punt Returner Antonio Brown
- Kansas City Chiefs Running Back Jamaal Charles was picked over Cincinnati Bengals Wide Receiver A.J. Green
- Philadelphia Eagles Running Back LeSean McCoy won against Indianapolis Colts Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton
- Indianapolis Colts Quarterback Andrew Luck was chosen against Washington Redskins Running Back Alfred Morris.
So for Round Two: Sherman goes up against Graham, Kuechly faces off against Kaepernick, Newto takes on Charles, and McCoy squares off against Luck.
Sherman still leads the Twitter buzz, followed by Foles, Kaepernick, Morris (despite not being victorious in Round One), but Jamaal Charles replacing Cam Newton.
Fans now have until May 22 to make their pick or Round Two. Head on over to ESPN to cast your vote. Madden NFL 15 hits the field on August 26 in North America, and August 29 in Europe. It will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and the PlayStation 3. You can check out the first official trailer for the game below.