'Ultra Street Fighter 4' Release News: Cammy's Changes Detailed [VIDEO]
Without a doubt, the big news about Ultra Street Fighter IV is the addition of five characters, four of which we've seen before. But that doesn't mean that we'll get the same old versions of the remaining thirty something characters. Capcom has begun releasing a number of videos detailing the various changes coming to the original roster. Here, we'll be looking at the thrust kicking killer bee, Cammy.
Alternate Costumes Revealed for Ultra Street Fighter 4's New Fighters
Despite her diminutive size, Cammy was always a bit on the stronger side, so she's been nerfed just a tad for Ultra, mostly with regard to her Cannon Spike. You can see the list of changes below:
* Stun output slightly reduced on some stronger attacks - she can still dish out a ton of damage versus her opponent but will now need to work a little harder for the stun.
* Cannon Strike has less advantage on hit and block - the move must be performed at the correct height in order for follow-up attacks to connect.
* Cannon Spike more punishable after FADC forward - Experiment with your fastest attacks to find the most damaging punish against players who Cannon Spike FADC forward recklessly!
* Cannon Strike can be performed from Hooligan Combo - Hooligan Combo into Cannon Strike will allow Cammy to close the gap between her and the opponent that much quicker!
* Damage reduction on Gyro Drive Smasher - players will have to look for opportunities to land the full animation Gyro Drive Smasher in order to get maximum damage from the Ultra.
Capcom's Community Manager Peter "The ComboFiend" Rosas walks details the changes a bit more thoroughly in the video below.
In addition to character specific balances, the biggest change coming with Ultra will be the addition of five additional characters. Four are Capcom favorites who've appeared in quite a few games before -- Hugo, Rolento, and the gender bending Poison all made their debut in the arcade classic beat 'em up Final Fight. Rolento would cross over into the Street Fighter world alongside fellow Final Fight alumni Sodom, Cody, and Guy in the Alpha series, and Hugo and Elena would appear in Street Fighter III. In Ultra, they'll all be joined by newcomer Decapre, a Shadowloo Doll along the lines of Cammy, and Juni and Juli from Street Fighter Alpha 3. More info on each fighter at their respective links.
Apart from the new characters and balances, players will also get new stages, all of which featured in Street Fighter X Tekken: Cosmic Elevator, Mad Gear Hideout, Jurassic Era Research Facility, Blast Furnace, and Pitstop 109.
Ultra Street Fighter IV is set to release in a few different forms this summer for both PC and consoles. On June 3, gamers can get a digital upgrade (provided they already have Street Fighter IV) for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360 for $14.99. A full disc / full digital bundle will follow on August 5 for $39.99. PC gamers get access to the same bundle on August 8 for the reduced price of $29.99.