'Ultra Street Fighter 4' Release News: M Bison Character Balances Detailed [VIDEO]
While five new characters are coming to Ultra Street Fighter 4, that doesn't mean that we'll get the same old versions of the remaining thirty something characters. Capcom has begun releasing a number of videos detailing the various changes coming to the original roster. Here, we'll be looking at the original baddie himself, M. Bison.
Alternate Costumes Revealed for Ultra Street Fighter 4's New Fighters
Despite being a solid character, Bison hasn't been too damaging. Odd, considering his role as the series major villain for some time now. So for Ultra, he's been beefed up a bit. Here’s how:
* Far Standing Medium Punch special cancelable - now allows him to use his special moves more effectively in combos.
* Juggle increased on second hit of Jump Medium Punch - now allows for more follow-up attacks and higher damage output.
* Projectile invincibility increased on EX Knee Press - allows Bison to close the gap versus these types of characters a little easier.
* Teleport recovery increased - M. Bison players will have to think carefully about what escape option to use or face being punished by the opponent.
* Total charge time reduced for Psycho Punisher - with the reduced charge time, players will be rewarded for making the correct reads against their opponent.
Capcom's Community Manager Peter "The ComboFiend" Rosas walks details the changes a bit more thoroughly in the video below.
In addition to character specific balances, the biggest change coming with Ultra will be the addition of five additional characters. Four are Capcom favorites who've appeared in quite a few games before -- Hugo, Rolento, and the gender bending Poison all made their debut in the arcade classic beat 'em up Final Fight. Rolento would cross over into the Street Fighter world alongside fellow Final Fight alumni Sodom, Cody, and Guy in the Alpha series, and Hugo and Elena would appear in Street Fighter III. In Ultra, they'll all be joined by newcomer Decapre, a Shadowloo Doll along the lines of Cammy, and Juni and Juli from Street Fighter Alpha 3. More info on each fighter at their respective links.
Apart from the new characters and balances, players will also get new stages, all of which featured in Street Fighter X Tekken: Cosmic Elevator, Mad Gear Hideout, Jurassic Era Research Facility, Blast Furnace, and Pitstop 109.
Ultra Street Fighter IV is set to release in a few different forms this summer for both PC and consoles. On June 3, gamers can get a digital upgrade (provided they already have Street Fighter IV) for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360 for $14.99. A full disc / full digital bundle will follow on August 5 for $39.99. PC gamers get access to the same bundle on August 8 for the reduced price of $29.99.