'Call of Duty Ghosts' Third DLC 'Invasion' Announced: Out On Xbox One Next Week With Four New Maps & MORE! [VIDEO]
Tired of Devastation? Not a problem, because publisher Activision has formally announced Call of Duty: Ghosts' next DLC, Invasion. Much like the other pieces of DLC, Invasion offers four new maps with unique field order achievements, and a new episode for the game's Extinction mode.
A press release had all the details:
* Extinction Episode 3: Awakening - "The team descends into the perilous alien underworld to strike at the subterranean fortress of the Ancestors - the mysterious puppet-masters behind the Cryptid invasion. Armed with a range of new hi-tech weapons and equipment, the team must penetrate a series of defensive barriers to reach the Ark and unlock the secrets of the Ancestors' psychic powers. As the final battle draws closer, the fate of the Earth and the future of the human race hang in the balance."
Presumably, there will be new cryptids for players to eviscerate, but as of yet, they have not been announced.
* Departed - "a medium-sized map set in a rural Mexican town during the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration. The colorfully decorated streets, vendor carts and storefronts provide ample cover for run-and-gunners, and players that complete the map's unique Field Order will unlock the Death Mariachi killstreak. Armed with dual-wielding pistols, the Death Mariachi settles scores, with each kill turning enemy players into another member of the band, and a temporary squad mate."
* Pharaoh - "an abandoned archeological site of an ancient Egyptian palace. Players will have to be on the lookout for collapsing monuments and urns full of flesh-eating scarabs, among other surprises in this multi-level map. Inside the palace, gamers will battle through multiple chambers ideal for close-quarters combat and short-range weapons, all under the watchful eye of Anubis, the half-jackal/half-human, protector of the dead, who will handsomely reward players who unlock this map's Field Order."
* Mutiny - "transports players to a remote Caribbean island harboring an eerie pirate hideout complete with abandoned trading posts and prison cells. Speed and stealth are a must as players navigate the narrow and intertwining pathways. However, let ye be warned that gamers taking up positions on the pirate ship moored in the center of the map will become vulnerable to enemy fire from the numerous flanking routes created by the map's horseshoe shaped dock. Players that unlock "Mutiny's" Field Order will find themselves escorted by two ethereal ghost pirates, who will happily send enemy combatants down to Davey Jones' locker on their behalf."
* Favela - "a refreshed version of the fan-favorite map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Since its original release, the Brazilian shantytown has seen substantial change. Buildings once under construction are now complete, while others have crumbled into a state of disrepair. Players must avoid falling to their death as they traverse the map from one building to the next, with ramshackle scaffolding creating varied pathways between structures, and enemy snipers taking advantage of the long sightlines. Players who complete the Field Order in Favela will be able to call in heavy air support from a nearby Y-8 Gunship to bring the rain with a 105mm cannon, a 40mm auto-cannon and a 25mm cannon."
As you might've expected, Invasion releases first on Xbox One on June 3, followed by Xbox 360, and eventually PC and PlayStation platforms. The content is free to Season Pass holders, and will cost the usual $14.99 for everyone else.
Interestingly, while both Onslaught and Devastation offered players new weapons, there was mention of such an offer for Invasion.
You can check out the official trailer below.