'Ultra Street Fighter 4' News: Makoto's Balances Nerf Ultras, But Improve Momentum & Combo Possibilities
Without a doubt, the big news about Ultra Street Fighter IV is the addition of five characters, four of which we've seen before. But that doesn't mean that we'll get the same old versions of the remaining thirty something characters. Capcom has begun releasing a number of videos detailing the various changes coming to the original roster. Here, we'll be looking at the pint size but power packing Makoto.
The spritely Makoto packs a surprising whallop and a slow speed, to make her not too overcharged of a character. But this forces her to have to sneak around attacks to get up close and personal. Her powerful moves have been taken back a bit, but other adjustments have made her attacks more open ended, and not so linear. You can see how below:
Alternate Costumes Revealed for Ultra Street Fighter 4's New Fighters
* Stun increased on Crouching Hard Kick, giving players another tool to help dizzy their opponents
* Light and Medium Tsurugi's block-stun decreased - players will have to be a little more careful when fishing for low attacks
* EX Fukiage now hits standing opponents, allowing for new combo opportunities and even more ways to mix-up opponents
* Seichusen Godanzuki damage reduced - still packs a punch and remains a great way to finish off the opponent
* Abare Tosanami no longer invincible to strikes on start-up - while not a total "get out of jail free card," the move still retains its projectile invincibility
Capcom's Community Manager Peter "The ComboFiend" Rosas details the changes a bit more thoroughly in the video below.
In addition to character specific balances, the biggest change coming with Ultra will be the addition of five additional characters. Four are Capcom favorites who've appeared in quite a few games before -- Hugo, Rolento, and the gender bending Poison all made their debut in the arcade classic beat 'em up Final Fight. Rolento would cross over into the Street Fighter world alongside fellow Final Fight alumni Sodom, Cody, and Guy in the Alpha series, and Hugo and Elena would appear in Street Fighter III. In Ultra, they'll all be joined by newcomer Decapre, a Shadowloo Doll along the lines of Cammy, and Juni and Juli from Street Fighter Alpha 3. More info on each fighter at their respective links.
Apart from the new characters and balances, players will also get new stages, all of which featured in Street Fighter X Tekken: Cosmic Elevator, Mad Gear Hideout, Jurassic Era Research Facility, Blast Furnace, and Pitstop 109.
Ultra Street Fighter IV is set to release in a few different forms this summer for both PC and consoles. On June 3, gamers can get a digital upgrade (provided they already have Street Fighter IV) for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360 for $14.99. A full disc / full digital bundle will follow on August 5 for $39.99. PC gamers get access to the same bundle on August 8 for the reduced price of $29.99.