'Ultra Street Fighter 4' Release News: Capcom Details Upgrades For Dan 'The Man' Hibiki [VIDEO]
Without a doubt, the big news about Ultra Street Fighter IV is the addition of five characters, four of which we've seen before. But that doesn't mean that we'll get the same old versions of the remaining thirty something characters. Capcom has begun releasing a number of videos detailing the various changes coming to the original roster. Here, we'll be looking at the pink parody that is Dan.
Alternate Costumes Revealed for Ultra Street Fighter 4's New Fighters
Always considered something of a joke character, Dan was beefed up for bit for Street Fighter IV so he could do roughly equal damage to other mid-level fighters. For Ultra, he's been given even more improvements, sending him slightly higher up the food chain:
* Close Hard Kick changed to Back and Hard Kick command
* Gadouken hurtbox on arm reduced to wrist area - a reduced hitbox means he will trade far less often with the opponent
* Light Dankukyaku hitbox expanded downard - will no longer wiff on crouching opponents
* Meter gain adjusted on Personal Action
* Koryuken more punishable after a FADC forward - players will have to be more careful when performing Koryuken into FADC forward or face being punished by the opponent.
* Armor breaking properties added to Shissho Buraiken - Dan can now punish Focus Attacks with this Ultra
Capcom's Community Manager Peter "The ComboFiend" Rosas walks details the changes a bit more thoroughly in the video below.
In addition to character specific balances, the biggest change coming with Ultra will be the addition of five additional characters. Four are Capcom favorites who've appeared in quite a few games before -- Hugo, Rolento, and the gender bending Poison all made their debut in the arcade classic beat 'em up Final Fight. Rolento would cross over into the Street Fighter world alongside fellow Final Fight alumni Sodom, Cody, and Guy in the Alpha series, and Hugo and Elena would appear in Street Fighter III. In Ultra, they'll all be joined by newcomer Decapre, a Shadowloo Doll along the lines of Cammy, and Juni and Juli from Street Fighter Alpha 3. More info on each fighter at their respective links.
Apart from the new characters and balances, players will also get new stages, all of which featured in Street Fighter X Tekken: Cosmic Elevator, Mad Gear Hideout, Jurassic Era Research Facility, Blast Furnace, and Pitstop 109.
Ultra Street Fighter IV is set to release in a few different forms this summer for both PC and consoles. On June 3, gamers can get a digital upgrade (provided they already have Street Fighter IV) for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360 for $14.99. A full disc / full digital bundle will follow on August 5 for $39.99. PC gamers get access to the same bundle on August 8 for the reduced price of $29.99.