'Battlefield Hardline' Beta Coming To Xbox One: New Weapons, Modes, And More Uncovered In Game Files [VIDEO]
The beta for Battlefield: Hardline has been out in the wild now for gamers to try on both PC and PlayStation 4, and, as tends to happen, players have dug through the files and made some interesting discoveries, including hidden guns, and audio files hinting at new game modes, dialogue, and more.
Nine new weapons in all were unearthed by YouTuber Hattiwatti, who shared his discovery with the rest of the world in the video at the bottom of the article, showing them in action. Among the weapons are: the M93R Hand Gun, RS357 Magnum, MAC-10 Personal Defense Weapon, M240B Light Machine-Gun, SR-25 ECC Designated Marksmen Rifle, L96A1 Bolt-Action Rifle, SMAW Launcher, and M18 Smoke Grenade.
The video shows each weapon in action in a small bit of target practice against an extremely dangerous wall, followed by how it would operate in a multiplayer scenario. See for yourself below.
Additionally, Redditor SkacikPC kept busy scanning through the beta's audio files, and discovered mentions of new modes, dialogues, and more. Here are the highlights of what he shared with the Battlefield: Hardline subreddit:
* "Desert 05 - Hostage rescue (no offical map name so far) - Hostage rescue against gang running a methamphetamine lab. Full transcript available here"
* "Turf war on High Tension - most likely domination cameo as in recent interviews, Visceral employee said that as of now Conquest is not included in Hardline. Transcript of only audio file is available in above link."
* "Hostage sound files (mainly variations of words 'hey/over here/help me/' with one exception of 'Hey man cut me loose')"
* "Molotovs/incendiary - Sound files indicate the existence of incendiary bombs, whilst ingame weapon name states Molotov. Most likely will stay as incendiary as currently it uses BF4 incendiary grenade particle effects."
* "Map called 'growhouse' will have a levolution event with blowing up Van"
* "There is a singleplayer level nicknamed 'Chop Shop', which most likely is a warehouse raided by a player (it will end up in flames)."
* "Sound files containing impact sounds of empty .45 shell on various surfaces (nicknamed Distraction bullet). May indicate that SP has stealth mechanics."
* "If you're interested, here's a small package with mentioned audio files"
Obviously, things can change between the beta and the game's full release, so don't expect everything to be there when the game does arrive.
In terms of something more concrete, GM of developer DICE, Karl-Magnus Troedsson, recently told OXM, that while PC and PS4 players are enjoying the beta, Xbox players will have their own version to look froward to soon enough.
"We will have a beta on all platforms before release," Troedsson told the outlet. "But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear."
Battlefield: Hardline centers around a Miami detective named Nick Mendoza, "who gets caught up in his own personal struggle between right and wrong, cop and criminal. Nick embarks on a cross-country quest, seeking revenge against his once trusted partners on the force. The game is expected to release October 21 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
See Now: 'The Walking Dead' Season 8 Gets Preview Special on AMC