'Watch Dogs' Patch Release: Coming To PS4 First, Fixes Corrupted Saves, Upgrades Graphics On PC, More [VIDEO]
Watch Dogs has been among us for close to a month now, but the complaint from a large section of players is that the graphics weren't exactly up to snuff of what Ubisoft had promised, particularly on the PC version. Thankfully, a new patch is coming that should help clear that up, as well as take care of numerous bugs and issues on all other versions.
Ubisoft has detailed the first patch for Watch Dogs, which is said to address everything from minor gripes like respawn problems and empty weapon wheels to mini-game "control issues." But when can players expect it?
Said an update posted on the official Ubisoft forums June 18: "The patch will be available for download on the PlayStation 4 in the next few hours. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week."
The fix for graphical glitches will no doubt come as a joy to upset PC players, but if you want to know what else the patch will adjust, then check out the notes below:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
* Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
* Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
* Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
* Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
* Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
* Fixed several minor respawn issues.
* Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
* Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
* Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
* Implemented several performance improvements.
* Implemented a few control improvements.
* Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
* Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
* Implemented several mouse modifications.
* Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
* Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
* Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
* Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
* Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
* Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
* Added game version in main menu.
Still not happy? Then feel free to watch Aisha Tyler getting clobbered by a dump truck in the video below, and make sure to check out our review.