Hearthstone Curse Of Naxxramas Expansion Final Cards Released On Facebook, Expansion Now Live: Familiar Faces And New Powers Fill The Floating Necropolis
By now you have certainly gotten through the first wing of the floating necropolis Naxxramas. It is, after all, a Blizzard game and the loyalty and fervent desire to win burns within all of us. In case you hadn't yet or like me, you are only a casual Hearthstone player, Blizzard has released all the cards you can expect to face and collect. So plan accordingly.
Fans of World of Warcraft, who spent many an hour (or more like months in certain cases) exploring the world of Azeroth and getting caught in the floating dungeon of doom will find many things to smile about. Baron Rivendare makes an appearance, doubling the amount of times a minion's Deathrattle activates. Use wisely. And of course, Kel'thuzad, the great necromancer is in full force and he summons back everything that died that turn.
Are you not entertained? If there is one thing Blizzard excels at it is balancing new game mechanics and expansions with the old stuff. We'll see how the balancing issues actually play out, there are a lot more of us than there are Blizzard playtesters, and we will always come up with some exploit or overpowered combination that they never even thought of. For now, though, the line up is quite perfect and befitting the new, undead theme of the expansion.
For the full list of cards, you can check out Hearthstone's facebook page here.
Nine of the new cards are class specific. Each class has a specific challenge they must accomplish. Cinema Blend has the break down as follows:
- - Druid: Poison Seeds (spell) - Destroy all minions and summon 2/2 Treants to replace them.
- - Hunter: Webspinner (minion) - Deathrattle: Draw a random Beast card.
- - Mage: Duplicate (secret) - Secret: When a friendly minion dies, put 2 copies of it in your hand.
- - Paladin: Avenge (secret) - Secret: When one of your minions dies, give a friendly minion +3/+2.
- - Priest: Dark Cultist (minion) - Deathrattle: Give a friendly minion +3 Health.
- - Rogue: Anub'ar Ambusher (minion) - Deathrattle: Return a friendly minion to your hand.
- - Shaman: Reincarnation (spell) - Destroy a minion, then return it to life with full Health.
- - Warlock: Voidcaller (minion) - Deathrattle: Put a Demon from your hand into the battlefield.
- - Warrior: Death's Bite (weapon) - Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all minions.
The Curse of Naxxramas is the first, but certainly not last, single player expansion for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The first wing of the five wing dungeon, the Arachnid Quarter, is open to all players for the next month.
Get in while you can and grab some of the new cards!
See Now: 'The Walking Dead' Season 8 Gets Preview Special on AMC