Destiny Iron Banner 2.0 Event Coming Soon, Many Gameplay Changes Made To Empower Higher Level Characters
Bungie plans on rolling out the Destiny Iron Banner event soon, promising to improve on what was a lukewarm reception the first time around.
Normal competitive Crucible gameplay in Destiny levels the playing field by equalizing damage and other attributes no matter what level your character is. That's out the window in Iron Banner, and the higher level characters are put at an advantage when their superior weapons and defense come into play.
Complaints about the first Iron Banner event focused on the fact that higher level characters didn't actually seem to have enough of an advantage, and lower level players were still closely competitive. Bungie has tweaked quite a few settings to empower the higher level characters, bringing the main goal of the game mode closer to reality.
Courtesy of Bungie, here are the tweaks that have been made to Iron Banner, which will hopefully go live next week:
Power. Does. Matter! (no, really)
- Only players Level 20 and above can lead a Fireteam
- Players below Level 20 can accompany more powerful friends
- Players within 3 Levels can be competitive with each other
- Your Defense rating affects how you take damage
-Wear your best (highest rated) armor
-Players out of your league will seem like a Boss
- Your Attack rating affects how you inflict damage
-Equip your best (highest rated) weapons
-Lower-level players wielding fully-upgraded weapons should still be considered a very credible threat!
Claim victory to gain reputation.
- Lord Saladin now has five ranks to obtain through victory
- Your previous Iron Banner rank has been preserved
- The Tempered buff is a twelve-hour boost in reputation gains
- Activate Tempered later during the event to catch up faster
Acquire exclusive Iron Banner rewards.
- Increase your Rank to unlock better gear
- Reforge weapons to reset progression with new perks
- Earn gauntlets and boots to move you closer to Level 30
- See Lord Saladin for details!
Quitters never win.
- Reputation gains are only awarded only to the winners
- Defeat grants a token to be redeemed after a future win
- You can carry up to five Iron Medallions at any time
- Partial reputation gains are earned instantly upon victory
Strike while the Iron is hot.
- Your reputation will be reset at the conclusion of this Iron Banner
- Like any competitive activity, each new event is a chance to regain your standing