Destiny Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Addresses The Dark Below Raid Gear Blunder, Sets Crota's End Armor To Base Level 30
Destiny's new hotfix doesn't add a lot to the game, but it does fix one of The Dark Below's blunders.
The new expansion added the game's second Raid, Crota's End, which offers new Raid gear as a reward. The problem was, that gear better by default than the armor you need to qualify for Crota's End, leaving players frustrated at the progression system. The update fixes that according to Bungie's post, starting the new Raid gear at level 30 with a leveling path to 32.
Bungie also increased the drop probability of a Raid helmet in Crota's End, and made it droppable in Normal mode. The team also made it possible to replay Fist of Crota, The Dark Below's first story mission. Here are the full patch notes for update 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed a typo in the German word for 'Radiant Energy'
- Fixed an issue in which some weapon projectiles were improperly penetrating Hive shields
Pocket Infinity Fusion Rifle:
- Rolled back changes induced by a previous Exotic weapon update
- Charge up and deactivation now work as originally designed
- Players may again encounter a previously known issue which prevents charge up
- Both existing and future Raid gear obtained in Crota's End now begins at Level 30 with an upgrade path to reach Level 32
- Raid helmet obtained in Crota's End now drops on Normal Mode and will be a more frequent drop on Hard Mode
- Fixed an issue in which Dead Orbit Hunter cloaks awarded reputation gains for both Dead Orbit and Vanguard/Crucible
- Added a replayable node to the Director for the 'Fist of Crota' mission