Halo The Master Chief Collection Update: Patch Notes Show Fixes To Matchmaking Success, Parties, And Menus
Halo: The Master Chief Collection remains a troubled title, with a good game buried under multiple matchmaking and UI issues. 343 has been improving the title since launch (it's much better currently than it was), and are releasing another update either later tonight or tomorrow.
The update was previewed earlier in the week, but the developers have now posted the patch notes on Halo Waypoint. There hasn't been a fix-focused patch like this in a while now, and as such it's as comprehensive as you might suspect.
It hits many of the notes Master Chief Collection players will be looking for, but hopefully the fixes are effective once released--past updates haven't always solved the problems. 343 states that the patch focuses on "UI, matchmaking, game-specific multiplayer and campaign, controls, and stability"--here are the specific fixes:
- Improved matchmaking search success rates
- Made an update to reduce instances of "Awaiting Privileges" matchmaking errors
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect "FIND GAME" screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary "Legacy" Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.