Helldivers DLC Packs Released: Become A Commando, Defender, Or Support Specialist With New Gear [VIDEO]
DLC packs have been announced for PlayStation title Helldivers, which has seen growth and success immediately following its recent launch.
The developers at Arrowhead Studios announced the new content on the PlayStation Blog today: three DLC packs are now available individually or bundled together, adding new costumes, weapons, and stratagems to the twin-stick shooter.
Each of the following three packs are available for $2.99 on their own, and can be purchased together in the Helldivers add-on bundle for $5.99. You can watch a trailer of the gear in action below.
Specialists at being a one man army, the Commando has a deadly set of weapons available:
- The Commando Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- SMG-34 'Ninja': A silenced, compact, submachine gun with short reach and good accuracy. The silenced aspect has been debated much and there is no proof that it actually reduces the risk of detection.
- MLS-4X 'Commando': A multiple missile launcher system similar to the one used on the EXO-44. From its four barrels it fires seeking missiles at a high rate of fire; primarily an anti-personnel weapon, it can be upgraded to have limited anti-tank capabilities.
As the name implies, the tank-like class is meant to hold its ground in any situation:
- The Defender Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- CR-9 'Suppressor': A semi-automatic rifle firing small fragmentation grenades. It is a volatile weapon but capable of devastating large masses of enemies, hence the nickname 'Suppressor'.
- AD-334 'Guard Dog': A backpack drone system, featuring an automated defensive combat drone armed with a small submachine gun. The drone circles ahead, firing at targets of opportunity and will land in the backpack to reload.
This team-first setup brings both ally repair and healing abilities to the party:
- The Support Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape.
- LAS-16 'Sickle': A carbine based on laser technology, modified to behave more as a regular assault rifle. It overheats quickly but well placed shots do excellent damage and the virtually unlimited ammunition is invaluable in tight situations.
- AD-289 'Angel': A backpack drone system, with an automated healing and repair drone that will try to help all friendly targets in its vicinity. It will land in the backpack to refill the restorative substance.