Jamestown+ PS4 Now Available As Part Of Spring Fever Sale, Get A 10 Percent Discount This Week [TRAILER]
Jamestown+ is now available on PlayStation 4 for the first time.
The game was originally set to release last summer, but it clearly did not make that deadline. Sony announced it would be part of the Spring Fever Sale when that promotion was announced, and we've arrived at its special 10 percent discount launch week. A new post on the PlayStation Blog celebrates the launch with details about the title.
Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony is a four-player vertically scrolling bullet hell game originally released on PC and Mac in 2011. The unique story is set on an alternate history, 17th century steampunk Mars, on which a British colony is under attack by the Spanish and natives. The PS4 version is simply titled Jamestown+, and will remain 10 percent off through the Spring Fever Sale this week.
The developers explain on the blog post that the original title took two years to develop, and another has gone into the PS4 version. Below are the new additions you can find in Jamestown+, as described humorously by the developers at Final Form Games.You can also find the trophy list on PlayStation Life.
- A Platinum trophy*. That's right, we're coming out strong with the big guns right up front.
*Seriously though: Platinum trophy. Also, earning this particular Platinum trophy comes with a bonus: a little thing called self-respect.
- The Armada Matrix: three (3) new characters, each with your choice of two unique Special weapons and six (6)(!) new Shot types. You can combine these weapons/shots any way you want, as you would at a delicious salad bar... A SALAD BAR OF VENGEANCE.
- Two completely new levels, set on the mysterious moons of Mars: The Black Garrison of Phobos, and the Shifting Sands of Deimos! These are full-fledged, canonical Jamestown levels with brand-new art, tons of new enemy types, story sequences, full orchestral soundtracks, and huge new bosses like the Pirate Queen.
- The original soundtrack and sound effects have all been carefully remastered for 5.1 surround sound. Honestly, I wasn't sure this was going to make that much of a difference to the overall game experience. Tim (my brother, also our lead programmer/chieftain) was all like "Dude shut up it's going to be amazing" and then I was all like "my man, you said that about those Hobbit movies" and then we almost had a Workplace Incident. But you guys? I WAS WRONG, REMASTERED 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MAKES A HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE.
- The Gunpowder, Treason, & Plot DLC has ALSO made the journey to your PS4, and will ALSO be available tomorrow! Four more new ships, for just two dollars?! They told us not to do it, but we couldn't hear them over the sound of our own excited screaming!