Grand Theft Auto 5 Patch (Mostly) Fixes Major Graphics Issues, Adds More Heist Lobby Features
A new patch for Grand Theft Auto 5 was recently released on all platforms by Rockstar, fixing some of the graphics issue that had been plaguing many players.
The game's visuals had become a talking point of late when a patch curiously caused the graphics to downgrade, with various effects or details looking worse than they did prior to the patch on multiple systems. These included vehicle collision damage, a shorter draw distance, and poor anisotropic filtering. You can see the differences in the comparison video below.
Title Update 1.09 on Xbox One and PS4 (named 1.23 on PS3/Xbox 360) somewhat solves the issue, along with multiple others. A Reddit thread shows that not all the problems with the visuals have been fully fixed, particularly the vehicle damage, but the patch does make quite a few changes.
Unfortunately, as CinemaBlend points out, the new patch also seems to have added a problem. GTA Online character appearance are randomly being altered and Rockstar is looking into it--don't be too surprised if your character does not look the same as you last left him or her.
Below is the majority of the patch notes, so you can see what Rockstar added and fixed--the full list is at the link above:
New Features / Updates
- Changes have been made to the matchmaking options and UI. This affects:
Heist Planning Board:
- A new option has been added to the Heist Planning Board that will allow you to press Left on the D-pad to quickly join a Heist as a crew member. You must have an active Heist in order to access this feature.
- A "Matchmaking" option has been added to Heist lobbies that allows the Host to quickly change whether matchmaking is open or closed. When set to "Closed", only invited players can connect with the Heist lobby. This option is "Closed" by default, which means only players you invite can join the session.
- The "Client Invites" option has been reinstated for the host of the lobby that is "On" by default. This allows players that have joined the Heist to invite their friends. If you only want the host to be able to send invites, "Client Invites" should be set to "Off".
- Improvements to the "Auto-Invite" matchmaking option to help fill lobbies faster
- Improvements to matchmaking for Heists to fill lobbies faster
- Fixed a minor animation issue when throwing grenades while aiming on the PS4
- Fixed an issue where the Bad Sport flag was not correctly being removed from certain players' accounts
- Fixed an issue where vehicle frames were not visually displaying damage correctly when heavily damaged
- Fixed an issue where a black screen was appearing when PSN was down
- Fixed an issue where the "Looking for job" display was being removed after accessing the Internet from the in-game phone, even though matchmaking was still in progress
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose control of character after backing out of hacking the vault in one of the Heists
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could get stuck on a cutscene if launching a certain Heist while in Ron's Survival introduction