'Rocket League' Beta Signup Round 2 Now Open, Apply For The PS4 Vehicle-Sports Title [VIDEO]
Psyonix has announced a second round of beta signups for Rocket League, the vehicular sports-action title, after a successful first run.
More than a hundred thousand games were played, half a million goals were scored, and nearly 1 million miles were driven by the first round of signups. Psyonix is again opening the beta (you don't need a new key if you had one the first time around), and you can sign up here. Below is a highlight compilation video below of community clips from the first beta round.
In Rocket League, players drive and jump around a digital soccer field in an attempt to put a large ball into the net with nothing but a rocket car. It's a fairly absurd take on the sport, and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars garnered more than two million downloads on PS3.
Here's a rundown of Rocket League's features, both new and improved from Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars:
- New Season Mode: In the final version, players can enjoy an offline single-player or multiplayer experience with Season mode, bolstered by extensive vehicle customizations, unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more.
- Fully Upgraded Online, Local and Splitscreen Multiplayer Modes: Fans of the original will love the returning options for two- to four-player competition, from on-the-couch splitscreen competition to the robust online play.
- Team-focused Gameplay: Rocket League's team-oriented play compels gamers to learn short- and long-term tactics and strategies to stay in the game, challenge their friends, and stay atop the monthly leaderboards.
- Physics-driven Vehicle Interactions: Built with rocket-equipped vehicles capable of aerial attacks, passes and shots, and physics-driven ball action, Rocket League is a wild, visceral sports-action experience.
- Content Overload: Rocket League builds upon its predecessor with a healthy array of completely new unlockable vehicles, arenas, more than 150 customization items, and other surprises.
- Dedicated Gameplay Servers: Super-smooth online gameplay guarantees an even better Rocket-Powered Battle-Car experience.
- Broadcast-Quality Replays: Gamers can play with, stylize, and create the ultimate replay of entire games with the new replay system. Fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena!