Nov 28, 2012 05:38 PM EST | By Luke Caulfield
Konami has confirmed that the 25th Anniversary Edition of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3 at launch, after a New Zealand shop listed the game for Xbox 360.
This is why Konami is respectable. When a retailer tries to hedge its bets and start accepting pre-orders for a game on a platform that hasn't been announced yet, it's refreshing to see the developer of the game come in and tell consumers what's what.
Nothing new has been announced yet for the 25th Anniversary edition that would make it different than the version that was released (save for the trophy update) in 2008, but for a walk down memory lane, you can check out the "official features" from Konami in the description below.
Metal Gear Solid 4 25th Anniversary Edition Features and Description:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the final chapter in the saga of Solid Snake which sends him around the world in pursuit of his arch nemesis, Liquid Ocelot. Armed with new gadgets and abilities, Solid Snake must shift the tides of war into his favor, using the chaos of the battlefield to infiltrate deep into enemy territory. In his globetrotting final mission, Snake must sneak deep into enemy locations in the Middle East, South America, and other corners of the earth to foil Liquid Ocelot's plans for total world domination.
- MGS4 pushes the power of the PLAYSTATION 3 to its limits with cutting edge graphics and surround sound. It also aims to be the hallmark title for the new DUALSHOCK 3 controller.
- Command Snake in his final mission which spans the entire globe and his quest to foil the plans of Liquid Ocelot and his massive army of PMCs.
- Snake can directly aid local militia who engage invading PMCs soldiers, or encourage more fighting to slip past undetected amidst the commotion.
- Unlock custom weapons and modifications as you trade weapons with your black market weapons dealer, Drebin.
- Metal Gear Mk. II, the ultimate reconnaissance tool, Solid Eye, which gives Snake real-time information on enemies and his surroundings, and the OctoCamo suit which allows Snake to blend into his environment and hide his presence.
- Users can choose a variety of camera angles to use to match their game play style.
MSG4: Anniversary Edition is expected to be released this December.
© 2016 Game & Guide All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.