'Battlefield 4' Will Have 64-Player Maps? [RUMOR]
The same source who let slip "Battlefield 4's" artwork is claiming a multitude of features for DICE's next instalment, the return of 64-player maps among them.
As posted by Battlefield 4 Central, it's being reported that in addition to the massive amount of players allowed per map, there will also be a Commander feature, and will have three distinct factions.
They're just rumors at this point, but given the source's track record, they seem likely enough. The source is claiming a number of other details as well, including:
- 4 classes with "additional features and tweaks" compared to "BF3"
- Shipping with same amount of maps as "BF3," there are plans for lots of DLC.
- DLC is already in planning stages.
- "Battlefield 4" Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
- Most of the guns and vehicles from "BF3" will return.
- More squad features.
- Commander feature returns, but won't be the same as in "BF2"
- "Battlefield 4" is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
- Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
- Will ship with more game modes than "BF3"
- Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than "BF3"
- Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in "BF4." Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
- "BF3" will still be supported after "Battlefield 4" launches.
- There is plan of some sort of integration between "BF3" and "BF4." Could be Battlelog-only.
- Battlelog will be updated for "Battlefield 4" with more social features and more detailed stats.
- Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.
"Battlefield 4" is scheduled for a March 26th reveal. We'll know for sure by then.
See Now: 'The Walking Dead' Season 8 Gets Preview Special on AMC