Downloading Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time, before it releases everywhere else
It's not often our buddies down under and their kiwi brethren can claim one on the rest of the world when it comes to gaming. Even with their new rating system in place, the Aussie government seems content to keep flagging titles, like with Saints Row 4. However, they obviously have no problem with plant munching undead, as Australia and New Zealand are the only countries with access to the PopCap's tower defense sequel, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time. Thankfully, we've discovered a work around for you truly impatient and/or desperate types that just can't wait to get their mitts on the game.
First thing's first, grab whatever iOS device you'd prefer to use to play the game, and follow the instructions below:
1. Turn on your device, load up iTunes, and head over to the iTunes Store.
2. For this, you're going to need to create a brand new iTunes account. A bit timely for one measely app, but such is life. With iTunes loaded, sign out of your current account.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the country map icon in the lower right corner, and select...well, take a guess... "Australia" as your new native land (you have been paying attention, right?).
4. From there, find your way over to Plants vs. Zombies 2. You do know how to search, right?
5. Click to download the free app, at which point you'll be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID. Instead of doing so, choose to create a new account. Make with the standard fill-ins - e-mail, security, etc., an continue on your way.
6. As Plants vs. Zombies 2 is free-to-play, select "None" for the payment method, and if you did everything correctly, you should now be well on your way to fighting off zombies through the annals of time.
And there you have it. PvZ2 is still slated to hit the rest of the world, unfortunately, neither PopCap nor Electronic Arts has given a specific release date, just a window of summer 2013. Since that's for another month and a half or so, our guess is as good as any when everyone else will get their chance to play. For those of you with patience, we'll keep you posted once either company provides an official release date.