Since this is the digital age, and everything is connected to everything else, it would almost seem like a sin if a highly touted title doesn’t have a companion app to follow up on all the exploits of the gamer. Now, it looks like Ubisoft has followed the similar path taken by Activision and EA and has announced its own companion app for the newly released Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag.
As expected, the app for the title offers second-screen functionality and is now available for both iOS and Android via iTunes and Google Play, respectively. The app also offers new features aimed at enhancing the main console game experience, the likes of which include an interactive world map that keeps you connected all the time and doesn’t require periodic pauses to the game or enter the menu each time.
Like Us on Facebook
The companion app, which needs to be synced with the player’s copy of Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, has been described by the developer as “an indispensable tool for all would-be pirate captains.”
“It acts like your very own quartermaster, so that you will never need to break the immersion and flow of gameplay by pausing the game to navigate through certain menus. You are now free to fully concentrate on the job at hand - to gain wealth and infamy on the high seas and in exotic cities,” it adds.
Moreover, players who login with Uplay are also entitled to receive a number of interactive features that will add to the already enhanced gameplay experience via the game’s respective platform.
For example, logging in to the app with Uplay will open up the interactive world map which is said to be “More exhaustive than your in-game map.” Check the list below for the app's full features:
- Interactive World Map - More exhaustive than your in-game map; see your mission objectives in real-time, set waypoints, zoom in and out, and search for locations with the tip of your finger. It's also a great way to involve someone else in your single player experience as a friend can be take on the role of your quartermaster.
- Kenway's Fleet - You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency. The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you'll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends' routes and get rewarded.
- Progress Tracker - All your game data is stored here, including main mission progress, crafting completion, and your current game status.
- Treasure Maps - Find treasure maps in-game and see them on your second screen while you cross-reference the real-world location on your TV.
- Initiates Wall - Display received messages, notifications from your friends and find community challenges.
- Animus Database - Easily view, at your leisure, all the Animus Database entries unlocked in the main game.
Once the game and app are synchronized, “You can now interact with the main game 24/7, wherever you may be. Use the ships that you have captured to send on missions, secure routes and collect cargo and currency," states the official description.
“The Atlantic Ocean is thriving with opportunities and you’ll need many ships to take full advantage. You can even help secure your Uplay friends’ routes and get rewarded.”
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag arrived in October for Xbox 360, Wii U and PS3, with versions for PS4 and Xbox One set to arrive later. Check out the trailer for the app below.
© 2014 Game & Guide All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.