PlayStation 4 Release Date, Specs, Games, Price, Tech: Install Size and Prices for Launch Titles Revealed
Not to date myself, but growing up, I remember when new consoles would launch with a mere handful of titles to choose from. Thank the sweet God of electronics those days are long gone. When Sony launches its next-gen console, the PlayStation 4, in just two days time, gamers will have over 20 games to choose from. Not too shabby, really. And thanks to Eurogamer, we now know approximately how much memory each game will take up, as well as the cost. So for those of you planning a budget for not only your wallet, but the console's memory, check out the list below:
- Angry Birds Star Wars - 1.5Gb, $49.99
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gold Edition - 21.2GB, $79.99
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 21.2GB, $59.99
- Battlefield 4 - 33.9GB, $59.99
- Black Light Retribution - 4.9GB, Free to Play
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - 31.1GB, $59.99
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition - 31.3GB, $119.99 (season pack)
- Contrast - 2.3GB, $14.99
- DC Universe Online - 22.7GB, Free to Play
- DC Universe Online Ultimate Edition - 22.7GB, $29.99
- FIFA 14 - 9GB, $59.99
- Flower - 1.8GB, $6.99
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 22GB, $59.99
- Just Dance - 22GB, $49.99
- Killzone Shadow Fall - 38.5GB, $59.99
- Knack - 35.6GB, $59.99
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 6.4GB, $59.99
- Madden NFL 25 - 13.1GB, $59.99
- NBA 2K14 - 41.8GB, $59.99
- NFS Rivals (TBA)
- Resogun - 460.8MB, $14.99
- Sound Shapes - 3.4GB, $14.99
- Super Motherlode - 393.6MB, $13.99
- Trine 2: Complete Story - 2.6GB, $19.99
- Warframe - 4.2GB, Free to Play
If the install size of a game like NBA 2K14 scares you, worry not. It's been reported that the install times are pretty damn speedy, meaning you'll be playing in no time.
Under the hood, the PlayStation 4 boasts Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, and 8GB Unified Memory according to theofficial specs.
It will support the same PlayStation Plus service as the Vita and PlayStation 3. However, a Plus subscription will be required for online multiplayer games, but not for additional media services like Netflix. Sony has also updated the Dual Shock controllers with a touch screen and improved shoulder triggers, and bundles the console with a headset.
The PlayStation 4 is set to release on November 15 in North America and on November 29 in Europe. It will retail for $399.
The company has some last minute games to announce, but won't be doing so until the console gets a bit of its own "midnight madness." The night before it launches, at 11pm EST, GameTrailers TV is hosing a PS4 All Access event, with Sony set to take center stage with some world premieres for titles that have not yet been formally announced in a blaze of last minute hype for the console finally releases. So it's got that going for it, which is nice.
Be sure to keep checking back with Gamenguide for more of the latest updates.