Call of Duty: Ghosts Patched on All Platforms, Does Away with 'Invisibility' and 'God Mode' Hacks
No mater which FPS you happen to prefer, compared to Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts' developers and players are having a significantly easier time, but that doesn't mean the game is completely without its faults. But thanks to a new hot fix, issues now number far less for all versions of the game.
The fix was announced on the Call of Duty forum, and doesn't require a download. You can see the patch notes for the Xbox One version below, followed by the fix applied to the game on all platforms:
- Improved performance issues caused by spamming.
- Fixed issues that would occur after resuming from suspension.
- Improved backend multiplayer stability.
- Fixed rare crash that could occur when using a guest account.
- Fixed issue with calling trinity rocket at exact same moment as an enemy's jammer left the player in laptop view.
- Fixed a variety of map specific spawn issues.
- Fixed Blitz freecam bug which caused Ghosts portals to always be blue and Federation orange.
- Fixed a freecam bug where the friendly team on the minmap could change color between rounds.
- Fixed not showing attachments and weapon camo for players while in private match lobby.
- Fixed dog's extended kill not showing properly in final killcam.
- Fixed lobby migration closing the create a class screen.
- Improved controller pairing functionality.
- Added a lock in multiplayer round start/end to prevent game from ending incorrectly.
- Added hardcore option for Domination leaderboards.
- Fixed overlap bug with the spectated playcard and the spectator map.
- Fix to set a default reticle when switching a weapon's sights.
- Fixed an FFA specific issue where players didn't spawn into the correct version of Strikezone.
Hot Fix: All Platforms
- Fix for various hacks including "invisibility" and "god mode."
Call of Duty: Ghosts takes place in a near future following an attack from space that leaves Los Angeles virtually wiped out, and the United States' infrastructure devastated. Years later, the country is invaded by a new superpower, a conglomerate of South American nations calling itself the "Federation." What's left of America's special forces have come together to form the titular "Ghosts," and it's up to them to wage guerrilla warfare against the Federation in order to protect what remains of the United States, and drive the Federation out.
Beyond the campaign, the game's multiplayer mode, which promises a slew of different customization options for weapons, character camos, and more. Over 30 new weapons are included alongside old favorites like the UMP45 and the M4A1.