Call of Duty: Ghosts Updated for Xbox One
There's a fairly sizable patch that's just hit the new Call of Duty, all so that players can enjoy their Double XP Weekend for the game's "Extinction Mode." There's a total of over 30 adjustments, whihc include some weapon balancing changes for the MSBS assault rifle, and a few other changes which will supposedly fix some stability issues.
You can see the full list below:
- Fixed an issue where the Squad Reports Screen would occasionally hang on a black screen.
- Fixed black screen issue that would occasionally occur in clan wars bonus playlist.
- Fix for a rare bots crash.
- Improved operations functionality.
- MSBS Range reduced.
- MSBS no longer 2 shot kill to arms and lower legs (rewards accuracy).
- Fire rate on MSBS and Burst Fire Attachment reduced.
- Fix for 360 users that were missing Free Fall bonus map once they upgraded to Xbox One.
- Fix for store images sometimes not appearing properly in the store.
- Fixed a bug where the friends list would not refresh for controllers other than the first slot.
- Fix for past title entitlements not appearing properly.
- Fixed issue that would occur when having hardline as last perk with specialist.
- Fixed inconsistencies between SP and MP for a few patches and backgrounds.
- Fixed rare issue with blinking objects (IED, SAT COM) if player left shortly after using.
- Added no enemy callouts to incog perk description.
- Fixed an issue where connecting to a Squads game could potentially see the buttons/title for an incorrect Squad mode.
- Menu optimization for clan wars.
- Fix for going to the store from the create-a-soldier menu.
- Fixed incorrect indexing of perks with squads that had defined loadouts.
- Fixed bots so they can open doors (Warhawk/Freight).
- Fix for splitscreen issue when going to the store.
- Blitz bug fixes.
- Host migration timer bug fixes.
- Fix for potentially not showing the in game "controller removed" popup.
- Fixed splitscreen UI bug where the dom capture bar would be in the way of the reticle.
- Fixed a couple bugs with the new icon.
- Fix to clear unlock data when leaving post game lobbies to prevent seeing online unlock in offline modes and vice versa.
- Added scrolling animation to social feed ticker.
- Fix to validate reticle type even when switching sights.
- Fixed long pause when enabling eSports mode after returning from non-eSports game mode.
- Fixed a bug where the bomb planting bar would flash when spectating someone who planted the bomb earlier in the match.
- Added icon to indicate bomb carrier on scoreboard in eSports mode.
- Fix for sound issue when seeker explodes.
- Fix for final escape being broken by player jumping off cliff after nuke activation.
- Fix for drill disappearing when grabbing the drill after using SOFLAM.
- Fixed unlimited weapon glitch in first contact.
- Fixed animation issue when pressing RT before riotshield was out.
Call of Duty: Ghosts takes place in a near future following an attack from space that leaves Los Angeles virtually wiped out, and the United States' infrastructure devastated. Years later, the country is invaded by a new superpower, a conglomerate of South American nations calling itself the "Federation." What's left of America's special forces have come together to form the titular "Ghosts," and it's up to them to wage guerrilla warfare against the Federation in order to protect what remains of the United States, and drive the Federation out.
Beyond the campaign, the game's multiplayer mode, which promises a slew of different customization options for weapons, character camos, and more. Over 30 new weapons are included alongside old favorites like the UMP45 and the M4A1.
Despite not the best reviews ever for a Call of Duty game, Ghosts was a hit right out of the gate. We learned recently that Ghosts is the most played multiplayer game in the world, and was also the top-selling game in November, the month when both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One released.
Festive new DLC is now available that can turn your dog into a vicious wolf, or transform your gun with some truly horrendous looking Christmas sweater camo.
The game is out now for PC, PS3 and PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and Nintendo's Wii U.