Battlefield 4 News: Second Assault DLC's PlayStation 4 Release Around the Corner? Trophy List Appear Online, and New Patch
EA and DICE are still having issues with Battlefield 4, evidenced by all the patches that keep coming, but it looks like they're about to make a nice step forward. A trophy list of the game's DLC, Second Assault, has popped up online. While it coms without any official release information from either the publisher or the developer, it's encouraging as this sort of thing usually happens shortly before release.
The list appeared over at PlayStationTrophies. It's the same as the list of achievements that popped up before the DLC released on Xbox 360 and PC, but we've provided the five new trophies below to save you from another click:
Blind Bomber - In a round get 5 kills with air vehicles in Gulf of Oman
Dirty Job - Find the hidden tunnel in Caspian Border
Falling Down - Kill an enemy with a ceiling collapse in Operation Metro
Risky Business - Kill an enemy flag holder while carrying your team's flag in CTF
Torched - Ignite a brush fire using the repair tool in Operation Metro or Caspian Border
A new patch has also hit the game on PS4, described in a Battlelog post as being "designed to prepare the game for the upcoming release of the expansion pack Battlefield 4 Second Assault." You can see the patch notes in full below:
DMR Balance Tweaks
- Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically, damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.
- Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game
- Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
- Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
- Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the "Win/Lose" text was overlapping
- Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
- Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
- Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
- Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering "false" or "true" in the chat window
- Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
- Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
- Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
- Various minor crash fixes
An exact release date for the DLC has been promised by DICE. We'll let you know when you can expect it.