Killer Instinct Update Arrives: Balances Spinal, Tweaks Jail, and More
As promised, developer Double Helix has just launched a new update for the Xbox One exclusive free-to-play fighter Killer Instinct. Among the adjustments, the update makes some fixes to the resurrected skeletal warrior and latest character Spinal, makes some small changes to the game's Jail System, and a small collection of other tiny changes.
A post over at Double Helix's forum provided the complete list of changes, which you can check out below:
Jail System Adjustments
- All "Jail" stats have been RESET aka "clean slate"
- Fix to bug where BOTH players would go to jail on disconnect
- Adjusted percentage rate for match disconnects that will cause the user to be sent to jail.
- Fix for Spinal teleport causing crash/ de-sync in corner against back dashing opponents.
- Fix to manuals being unbreakable after using the dive kick as an opener
- Fix to counter breakers not being accessible when using a divekick as an opener.
- Fix to second Spinal divekick snapping to ground if you do it while opponent is still in reaction from first dive kick
- Fix bug with Spinal skeleport linker not crossing up correctly
- Users no longer lose points when losing a match in Survival Mode
- Fixed an issue where progression data would not save. All user data, items acquired, etc. should now save properly.
- Potential Fix for Ultra audio glitch (may still happen and needs more investigation).
- If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.
- Fixed an issue where players would soft-lock on the character/stage loading screen. This issue has been resolved.
- The character select option from "Replays" has been removed.
Given how the game has been making various characters of the game's roster free for a trial period in weeks past, expect another to be offered later today.