Wolfenstein The New Order Panzerhund Collector's Edition Comes With Massive Dog Mech, No Game [IMAGES]
Bethesda has announced a 'Panzerhund' Collector's edition of Wolfenstein: The New Order that comes with a whole slew of goodies like a footlocker, a giant articulated dog mech statue, documents, patches, dog tags, and a steelbook case to house the game disc. It's only missing one thing... the actual game.
It's a bizarre omission and I'm having trouble thinking of another collector's edition that didn't come with the game itself. Has there been one that I can't remember? Let me know in the comments below if you can think of one, because I can't. Selling merch after a game is released is commonplace and a fanbase is in place, sure, but selling it before the game?
It's a strange way of keeping prices down, perhaps. The Panzerhund edition goodies do look pretty awesome (that mech is really impressive), but having to buy the game seperately is going to annoy many gamers.
There are only 5,000 units being made. Here's what you will get for your $100.
· An 8 inch fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base
· Classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, blueprints and an x-ray
· A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book
· Three embroidered patches
· Custom replica dog tags
· An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game **Actual game sold separately.
You can pre-order the Panzerhound Edition over at store.bethsoft.com, but don't forget to pick up the game itself too! Note that pre-ordering the game will get you into the highly anticipated DOOM beta.