BECOME THE WARRIOR OF DARKNESS TODAY IN FINAL FANTASY XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS
LONDON (2nd July 2019) - SQUARE ENIX® today launches FINAL FANTASY® XIV: ShadowbringersTM, the new expansion for the critically-acclaimed MMO that recently celebrated over 16 million registered accounts and is currently enjoying the highest concurrent subscriber numbers in its history.
Shadowbringers marks a bold new beginning for the title by taking players to Norvrandt, in the First World. This marks the first time Warriors of Light will journey beyond the world of HydaelynTM, as they must become Warriors of Darkness to fight against the forces of Light, which threaten to destroy this realm.
The new expansion adds a wealth of new features to the game, including:
- Two New Jobs: Gunbreaker and Dancer- The highly-anticipated new jobs make their debut inShadowbringers. The Gunbreaker takes on a tanking role and protects their party from harm using the fearsome power of the gunblade, while the ranged DPS Dancerunleashes powerful attacks while also providing beneficial effects to their party.
- Two New Races: Viera and Hrothgar- the rabbit-like Viera are joined by the fierce leonine Hrothgar, both set to addunique, customisable features specific to their races.
- Level Cap Increase- The level cap will be raised to 80 with the release ofShadowbringers. With this will come new actions for classes and jobs-as well as new foes on which to hone your skills.
- 'Trust' System- InShadowbringers, players will have the opportunity to challenge dungeons with a party of trusted non-player characters, including various Scions of the Seventh Dawn-traditional party matching systems will remain available.
- New Beast Tribes and Primals- Players will encounter the carefree but cruel Pixies in Il Mheg alongside their mighty regent Titania, while other Beast Tribes including the less aggressive Nu Mou and the insular Dawrves.
- Battle system changes, new gear and crafting recipes, and much more...
Players can also look forward to a variety of additional content that has been announced for release in upcoming patches:
- New Game +- This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one's current progression and job level.
- New Alliance Raid: "YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse"- This exciting new raid written by guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO will seeFINAL FANTASYandNieRcome together as never before! What grand adventure awaits the enigmatic automaton garbed in white?
- New High-End Raid: "Eden"-Beyond the boundaries of Norvrandt lies the Empty─a land drowned in the primordial light of the Flood. To redress the balance of the elements, our hero must wield a power the likes of which the First has never known: the power of Eden. This new high-end raid content will feature a new character designed byKINGDOM HEARTS®Director andFINAL FANTASYseries veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- High-End Content for Disciples of the Hand and Land- Crafters and Gatherers will be tasked with helping to rebuild the Holy See of Ishgard. The Dragonsong War may have ended, but its scars yet remain. As man and dragon work together to restore the Holy See to glory, they aim to lay the cornerstone of the new Ishgard─the Firmament─and are in need of helping hands.
Players will also have the option to purchase several types of items to advance through the main scenario and job levels respectively to more swiftly access Shadowbringers content.
- The Tales of Adventure: A Realm Reborn completes allA Realm Rebornmain scenario content up toPatch 2.55: Before the Dawn.
- The Tales of Adventure: Heavensward completes allHeavenswardmain scenario content up toPatch 3.56: The Far Edge of Fate.
- The Tales of Adventure: Stormblood completes allStormbloodmain scenario content up toPatch 4.56: A Requiem for Heroes.
- Each of the Tales of Adventure are also available for each job (excluding Gunbreaker and Dancer), instantly boosting a single character's level in the specified job.
More details about the Tales of Adventure items can be found here: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers launch trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/N1JJSZmv6JI
Shadowbringers Teaser Site: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/shadowbringers/
The Lodestone®: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN
About FINAL FANTASY XIV Online
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online is available for the PlayStation®4 system, Windows PC and Mac in three versions. The Starter Edition offers players the base game (A Realm Reborn), while theShadowbringers expansion pack adds all expansions to date (Heavensward, Stormblood andShadowbringers). Alternatively, the Complete Edition offers the full package (A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood and Shadowbringers).
About the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial
The FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial allows anyone to access content up to level 35, create up to eight playable characters, and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here:http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 144 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 74 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://eu.square-enix.com/en