Rocket League PS4 Announced: Sequel To Car-Soccer PS3 Title Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars Coming In 2015 [VIDEO]
Rocket-powered car soccer is back! Yeah, you heard me.
Sony and Psyonix have announced Rocket League for PlayStation 4, the follow up to the 2008 title Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars for PS3. In the game, players drive and jump around a digital soccer field in an attempt to put a large ball into the net with nothing but a rocket car.
The trailer below shows this to be exactly as you may expect, and it looks great on the next gen hardware. Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars garnered more than two million downloads, and after years of fan feedback and improvements, Rocket League will be ready to launch on PS4 in Spring 2015.
There are features both new and improved in the sequel, and they are as follows:
- Improved physics, faster gameplay, and infinitely better visuals
- An all-new Season Mode with unlockable items, multiple arenas, and more
- The return of two, three and four-player split-screen
- More vehicles, new stadiums, and more than 100 customization items
- Dedicated gameplay servers
- A broadcast-quality replay feature that enables players to create their own custom replays of entire games from any camera angle they want
Psyonix also promises a few more surprises, which will be revealed closer to launch. Rocket League will make its playable debut at PlayStation Experience this weekend in Las Vegas.