Halo The Master Chief Collection Update Improves Team Balancing, Further Increases Matchmaking Speed And Party Cohesion
Halo: The Master Chief Collection's online troubles are well-documented by now, with a series of patches released to address the extremely slow and troubled matchmaking system present at launch. A new patch released last night, aiming at fixing the game's team balancing issues.
The last update focused on improved matchmaking speed, but this one seems even more comprehensive. Keeping even teams in online games is a focus, but there's plenty else in this update (full patch notes here), which was kept quiet compared to some of the others.
Matchmaking success rates should be improved, ranks accidentally resetting has been fixed, and party cohesion has been solidified. There are a handful of game-specific improvements, as well--take a look at the patch note highlights below, and read the full list at the link above.
- Made improvements to matchmaking team balance
- Made an update to improve matchmaking search times and success rates, specifically expediting the "Players Found" and "Connecting Session" search phases
- Made improvements to prevent a player's rank from resetting unexpectedly
- Made an update to resolve an issue that allowed players to be placed into an incorrect lobby after a matchmaking game
- Made improvements to prevent the party from being disbanded upon returning to lobby
- Made an update to ensure that players are sorted by team in the "Match Found" screen
- Resolved an issue where Team Slayer matches in Halo 3 could separate players onto individual teams
- Resolved an issue where players could be placed into a group of 7 players and unable to find more
- Made improvements to ensure that the party-leader is prompted to "Bring Party" when leaving a lobby
- Made an update to ensure that split-screen players cannot be divided onto different teams
- Made improvements to ensure that clients are not kicked from parties at the end of matchmaking games with a "failed to connect" error
- Made an update to ensure that Halo 2: Anniversary matches do not continue indefinitely after entire opposing team quits
- Made an update to ensure that parties are not separated when the party leader navigates through multiple titles
- Made improvements to Halo 2: Anniversary objective pickup, specifically in regards to objective "juggling"