The Walking Dead Spinoff: Everything We Know About Cobalt So Far [VIDEO]
The Walking Dead is getting a spinoff show (working title Cobalt) in the coming year. Not much is known about the new show as of yet but there have been some details leaked. We've compiled everything we know so far here.
1. The new show will be a prequel. It will be set slightly before and/or during the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. Which is great because there's very little information about what happened before the world turned to complete crap in the current show. The spinoff will include more details about the zombie virus as well as how it was handled in the early days.
2. You won't see anyone from the current show in the new show. Cobalt. The show centers around a whole new set of survivors in a new location. In this case, they are in LA. That's right, zombies will be invading sunny, sunny California.
3. The show will be following normal everyday people as it does in The Walking Dead. In this case, the cast is composed of two school employees and some of their children. Just normal, everyday people, trapped in an apocalypse situation. No big.
4. The main roles of the show have been cast. The female lead will be played by Kim Dickens from Gone Girl, Cliff Curtis, known for his role in Gang Related will be in the lead male role. Both of the female lead's children have been cast. They will be played by Frank Dillane, Tom Riddle in Harry Potter, and Alycia Debnam Carey who was recently seen in Into the Storm.
5. The show will allegedly be aired during The Walking Dead's off season during the Fall 2015 line up.
Stay tuned for more details on the new show.