'Ghostbusters: The Board Game' Successfully Funded On Kickstarter, Raises $1,500,000
Over 8,300 Ghostbusters fans backed Crytpozoic Entertainment's Ghostbusters: The Board Game, raising over $1,500.00 for the project, six times the original funding goal of $250,000. This means that the project is most decidedly a go, and that the tabletop game will start shipping worldwide this October.
While you'll be able to purchase the game when it hits stores, Kickstarter backers are the only ones who will have access to a whole bevvy of exclusive products, like glow-in-the-dark Slimer, Fearsome Flushes, and Spawn of Cathulhu figures.
Thanks to those wonderful backers, however, the final product has been vastly improved. Since the campaign exceeded its funding goal it also hit many of its stretch goals, which gives the team the funds to add various new figures and features, like updated sizes for the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and a plastic miniature of the Ecto-1 instead of a cardboard chit. Here's the full list of extras that were unlocked for the final game-
- Original backstory written by Erik Burnham and illustrated by Dan Schoening of IDW’s Ghostbusters comic series
- All four “New” Ghostbusters playable character figures including: Kylie Griffin, Ron Alexander, Melanie Ortiz, Janine Melnitz and The Rookie
- Additional ghosts including Gozer, Zuul, Ivo Shandor, Vinz Clortho, Boogieman, Grey Lady, Samhain, Zombie Taxi Drivers, Fearsome Flushes, Spawn of Cathulhu, the Spectral Ghostbusters and the ultimate thorn in the Ghosbusters’ side, Walter Peck
- More game board tiles for new areas including the library and Shandor Building rooftop
- “Tobin’s Spirit Guide” box for Ghost and Scenario Card storage
- Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Boogaloo and Cathulhu figures upgraded from standard 50mm to giant 100mm
- Ecto-1 game piece
Congrats to Cryptozoic for their well-run campaign, which resulted in the eight-largest board game of all time on Kickstarter.
For more on Ghostbusters: The Board Game, read our exclusive interview with the Creative Director of Cryptozoic right here and keep an eye on the Kickstarter page for updates on the game's progress.