Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.55 Releases Next Week: Update Will Complete Main Quest Scenarios, Tweak Gold Saucer Casino [SCREENS]
The next minor patch for Final Fantasy XIV will drop next week on Tuesday, March 31.
Patch 2.55, also known as Before the Fall Part 2, will not add any major new content, however, it will bring closure to a few storylines as well as few tweaks to the recently released Gold Saucer casino.
Patch 2.55 will also help lay the groundwork for the game's first expansion, Heavensward, due out this June. A new questline, Before the Dawn, will need to be completed before players can gain access to Heavensward's new central city quest hub, Ishgard. This will form the last part of the 7th Astral Era main quest scenario that has been slowly unveiled across multiple patches in the past year.
FF XIV director Naoki Yoshida added a few notes in a recent forum post:
- The Final Coil of Bahamut will be added to the Duty Finder
- The World of Darkness weekly gear limit will be removed
- The amount of MGP you receive in the Gold Saucer will be adjusted
- Adjustments will also be made to the Triple Triad tournaments
- Considering making balance adjustments to Triple Triad NPCs since we've received lots of feedback that certain NPCs can be a bit too strong
Today, Square Enix also released several screenshots of the patch, check them out below.
Stay tuned for more updates on future features and releases. Heavensward is out on June 23, Before the Fall Part 2 is out on Tuesday.