'Pokemon Go' Cheats, Tips and Tricks: Easter Eggs You Need To Try
"Pokemon Go," like the main "Pokemon" games themselves, is a pretty nuanced and detailed game—there are a lot of hidden extras and easter eggs that players have found, as well as other things from those easter eggs that may or may not be true. Check out this list of things you can try that we've found on Reddit:
- You might already know this most popular easter egg, but for those who don't: you can get Pikachu as a "Pokemon Go" starter if you walk away from the three starters when you create a new account.
- Eevee evolutions in "Pokemon Go" are determined by random number generation, but you can force a specific evolution by using nicknames. Nickname your Eevee "Rainer" to get a Vaporeon, "Sparky" to get a Jolteon, and "Pyro" to get a Flareon. This only works once for each. (Some have managed to get it more than once, so maybe you could be just as lucky.)
- A Redditor discovered that the Green Lake area in Seattle, Washington spawns a lot of Hitmonlees, which is pretty much a reference to Bruce Lee's time living there.
- According to Twinfinite, If you want a Chansey—the Nurse Pokemon—it looks like there are better spawn chances at clinics, pharmacies, and hospitals, tying in perfectly with the Pokemon's nature. The other way of getting a Chansey is collecting 10kg eggs and hatching them to find one.
- You can change the "Pokemon Go" menu colors by holding down a Poke Ball and dragging your finger to them. People are still finding out what this could mean, however.
Meanwhile, there are still a lot of undiscovered Easter Eggs hidden in the game, according to Niantic. The biggest hunt right now is how to catch a Ditto, who isn't apparently yet part of the available first-generation Pokemon in "Pokemon Go." We'll update this list as soon as we find out how to get one.