’No Man’s Sky’ News & Update: Hello Games Addresses Complaints with Patch 1.07; Update 1.08 is Now Live Just 2 Days After

By Louise Bonquin , Updated Sep 06, 2016 09:57 AM EDT
Close

"No Man's Sky" received its patch 1.07 last week and it was described as the biggest update so far. The patch is expected to contain fixes on issues based on feedback and suggestions sent by players.

Since the game was released on Aug. 9, it was rained with criticisms and players expressed disappointments due to apparent lack of action in the gameplay, in addition to glitches. Thus, Hello Games has been working continuously to straightened the problems and get back the interest of players.

Now, the game developer already issued patch notes to improve the game, and last week, patch 1.07 was released. This update was described as the biggest update for "No Man's Sky" so far.

The patch solved most bug issues and offered several tweaks to improve the game and the graphics. On the whole, Hello Games relayed that the 1.07 update provided remedy to about 80 percent of the glitches. As for the other 20 percent which have not been dealt with yet, the game developer stated that fixes for those are coming soon.

"What matters now, as always, is what we do rather than what we say. We're developers, and our focus is first on resolving any issues people have with the game as it is, then on future free updates which will improve, expand and build on the No Man's Sky universe," Hello Games posted on "No Man's Sky" website on Sept. 2.

It turns out that the fix came too soon, as only two days after, patch 1.08 was already up as well. Apparently, Hello Games was true to their words when they said they are working non-stop to improve the game, by solving all the issues raised by players.

Then again, the game developer did not release any news about the 1.08 update. There was no official announcement so the particular items which the patch is supposed to fix are not known.

However, players who downloaded the update shared the changes that they noticed following the installation of patch 1.08. On Steam Community and Reddit, players said that "No Man's Sky" does not freeze or hang anymore after saving a location.

Another improvement observed was the smoother and faster loading time when the galaxy is opened to start the game. But despite the enhancements, some players also noted glitches that came with the latest update and mentioned that the Atlas paths seems to have been messed up because it leaves players with no route to travel forward on.

Meanwhile, the "No Man's Sky" patch 1.08 is now live for Playstation 4 and available on Steam. This could be the last update for the week so fans should get it before a new one comes out.

© 2020 Game & Guide All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Join the Conversation

Real Time Analytics