'Deadpool' Gets A Release Date And Pre-Order Bonuses
"Deadpool" is an upcoming third person action game based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. The game is being developed by High Moon Studios, and is slated for release this Summer on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Former "Deadpool" comic writer Daniel Way is working on the script and Nolan North is voicing the character.
It doesn't appear that the developers are watering down anything, with Deadpool's signature guns and swords still intact as well as a giant hammer and laser guns. Along with news of the release date—June 25— came the usual deluge of pre-order bonuses from various retailers. Here's a rundown:
GameStop and EBGames
- "Merc with a Map Pack" DLC - adds two new maps - GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower - to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two bonus costumes: the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode.
- Exclusive digital wallpaper for PowerUp Rewards members (US only).
- A midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders paid for by Activision with a live appearance from Deadpool (US only).
- A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels.
- An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve.
"Deadpool" will be available on June 25 on Ps3 and Xbox 360.