Five Great Superhero Games For Summer
Summer is just weeks away, and many of you are likely gearing up to enjoy blockbusters such as Man of Steel, The Wolverine, and the just-released Iron Man 3.
However, you don't have to make a pricey trip to your local movie theatre to enjoy some great superhero action this summer. The hero genre has come a long way since the dreaded days of Superman 64, and there are actually a wealth of quality comic-inspired titles for current gen systems. If you just can't wait for the likes of Thor 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, here are some great titles to get you through the summer:
5) The Amazing Spider-Man (2012): While not the most refined title on the list, what other current-gen title allows you to freely explore New York City as everyone's favorite web-slinger? With a story that takes place after last year's film and a trove of unlockable comic books that can be read in-game, this game will certainly hold Spidey-fans over until Amazing 2 hits theaters.
4) Injustice: Gods Among Us (2013): Plowing through a single-player storyline is great, but beating up your best pals as Aquaman is even better. Fortunately, Injustice offers the best of both, with a cinematic story mode featuring DC's biggest icons and a deep fighting engine from the folks who made Mortal Kombat. Packed with content and a trove of DLC add-on options, expect Injustice to last you through the summer and beyond.
3) Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (2009): While the upcoming Marvel Heroes will likely have comic fans glued to their computer screens for years to come, Ultimate Alliance 2 already offers up some of the best co-op action in the superhero universe. The premise is simple: Team up with up to 3 friends, pick your favorite hero, and delight in the addicting combat and exciting team-up attacks.
2) Crackdown 2 (2010): While not based on a comic series, Microsoft's Crackdown series provides all of the awesome privileges of a quality superhero title. You've got a huge, exploitable city, upgradeable powers that allow you to fly from building to building with ease, and the option to dish out justice however you see fit. Tights not included.
1) Batman: Arkham City (2011): The Arkham games need little introduction for gamers, as they are widely lauded for being not just great Batman titles, but some of the best gaming experiences of all time. Now is a better time that ever to pay Arkham City a visit, with the content-packed game of the year addition available for dirt cheap and the all-new Arkham Origins dropping this fall. And when it comes down to it, who doesn't want to be Batman?
Of course, these are just a few of the many solid superhero games available on current consoles. Which hero will you be taking control of this summer?