Grand Theft Auto Online Rockstar Stimulus Package: Giving Players $500,000 for In-Game Bank Account [Full Info]
You've no doubt had, or at least heard of the various technical hiccups players were having connecting to Grand Theft Auto Online. It was a bit of a nuisance, so as an apology, Rockstar is giving players who have problems playing / connecting to the game quite the stimulus package.
According to new post October 11 on the company's newswire:
"Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week. 'Don't Spend It All in One Place!' In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we've confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet."
Earlier this week, players by the droves were reporting losses of cash, ranks, cars, properties, and progress of all sorts to Rockstar, which has been trying to deal with the problem ever since. The company recently released Title Update 1.03, which seems to have solved the issue, as well as tackle various other issues, listed below:
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
However, nothing is free, and there are some requirements to get your hand on the fat virtual wad. Here's how it'll work according to Rockstar: "You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account. Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we'll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players."
From there, there will be an announcement on the newswire when each deposit is made. Each will appear in the in-game account of eligible players, provided the appropriate title update has been downloaded.