Assassin's Creed 4 Release Date: Black Island Pack [TRAILER]
Ubisoft's open-world pirate romp Assassin's Creed IV is on its way, and GameStop has an exclusive bonus for gamers who pre-order the game from them. Head in to the retailer to order Black Flag, and you'll find yourself with The Black Island pack, a new, explorable island offering players a nice selection of bonus items from the real-life Henry Morgan, the same pirate celebrated on all those bottles of rum.
According to the description, Morgan's ship sank off the coast of the eponymous Black Island, stocked with legendary sailing equipment. It's now up to players to find the wreck, dive down, and retrieve the booty for themselves.
The Black Island Pack includes:
- The dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on the Black Island
- The deadly Black Ship
- Legendary silver flintlock pistols used by Captain Morgan
- Valuable multiplayer items
You can see a trailer showing some of the bonus items and explorable island below.
Ubisoft also recently released information for the game's Season Pass, which includes DLC packs available for the game on all platforms, both current and next-gen.
The meatier addition includes the story of Edward Kenway's first mate, Adewale, and how he came to be an Assassin in a nine-mission story called "Freedom Cry." A trailer can be seen after the list of DLC content.
There's also the usual collection of goodies for the multiplayer mode, customization options, and some bonuses for Kenway's personal vessel, the Jackdraw. Each piece of DLC is expected to arrive by March of next year, roughly 4 months after the game's release. However, the Pass doesn't offer the content for free like other Season Passes. It only offers each at a 20% discount. Players can get 5% off the Pass itself if they order it through Ubisoft's uPlay service.
The complete details on the various DLC can be seen below:
- Freedom Cry: Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw as Captain Edward Kenway's second-in-command. Fifteen years later, Adewale has become a trained assassin and finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue with no weapon nor crew, starting a new adventure of his own.
- The Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack - Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes personalization elements for the Jackdaw.
- New ways to personalize the player's pirate experience - Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles.
- More Multiplayer Mayhem - Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag arrives for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in North America on October 29, and in Europe November 1. The PC version comes a bit later, releasing November 19. It will be available at launch for the next-gen PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and the Wii U on November 22.