MLB 15 The Show Summer Wind Trailer Shows Off The Beauty Of Baseball
The first trailer for MLB 15: The Show has been released, giving us a breezy and beautiful look at both the game and the sport of baseball.
It's a leisurely sport compared to most to be sure, and the trailer (below) captures its spirit well. The calmness, the ball parks, and the big moments of baseball come through in the trailer as we get a look at the great visuals.
The series' developers at Sony's San Diego studio have been good about providing details in the past, so more informative videos are undoubtedly on the way as the game's spring release draws closer. We know there will be year-to-year saves for transferring progress to the new title, a series first of real equipment brands in the game, as well as several improvements to the game's modes.
Here's a run down of the specific features list provided by the developers:
Gameplay Improvements (PS4 & PS3)
- Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
- Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
- User controlled cut offs
- All new slide and tag system
- New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
- Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
- Dynamic pitch breaks: allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
- Simplified Analog swing controls
- Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
- New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base
- More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
- New Input Type option for hitting
Graphics Improvements (PS4)
- Real-time seasonal sun and shadows
- Player Skin tone realism. More variations of skin tones with gloss and specular improvements
- Revamped night lighting
- More accurate and photorealistic rendering system
- PS4 gets 10 more Minor League stadiums