'Clash Of Clans' Update Preview: New Anti-Air Defense The Sweeper Will Keep Enemies Clear Of Your Base [VIDEO]
Clash of Clans updates are always exciting for fans, but this is a rare day: SuperCell is releasing an entirely new anti-air defense in its new update.
The Sweeper will be available in game at Town Hall 6, bringing a new way to keep your settlement safe from airborne enemies. The addition doesn't directly damage attackers but, as its name implies, pushes them back away from your base. You can see it in action in the video below courtesy of Clash of Clans Attacks.
The Sweeper's target area is adjustable, so you can turn its radius in the most useful direction before placing. Below are the full patch notes for the update, which brings more than just the new defensive structure to the game.
New anti-air defense: The Air Sweeper
- Push back groups of flying enemies with strong blasts of air!
- Air Sweepers deal no damage, but are great at slowing the progress of air attacks
- Air Sweepers can only face one way, but can be rotated to a direction of your choosing
- Unlocked at Town Hall 6, Air Sweepers gain more pushing strength when upgraded
- Bookmark any Clan for later viewing using the '+' icon on any Clan profile page
- You can bookmark up to 30 Clans and view them under a new tab next to your profile
Clan War attack army preview
- Never attack unprepared again! Your army is now previewed before every war attack
- Inspect your troops, Clan troops, spells and heroes - anything missing will be flagged red
- Be ready or be sorry! You can no longer end war attacks early without surrendering
- Starting at Town Hall 5, a one-time name change will become available in the game settings - use it wisely!
- Clan chat now shows when Clan settings are changed, indicating who changed them
- Defense ranges can now be seen even when the defense is under construction
- Defense modes can now be changed even when the defense is under construction
- Defensive buildings now initially point away from the TH in combat, EXCEPT for the Air Sweeper, which always points in its configured direction
- Attacking troops will not start chasing defending troops as far away as they used to
- Fixed a very rare case where a defense might target a troop at the edge of its range, but not fire
- Loot values for many lower level single player maps have been improved, along with some slight layout tweaks and surprises
- You are now more likely to find targets at or near your Town Hall level in multiplayer matchmaking
- Strength calculations have been updated in Clan Wars matchmaking to compensate for high level walls and heroes, skeleton traps, etc.
- (Already released in the 2x Clan XP event) Clan Wars matchmaking now prefers to wait a bit longer and try to find a bit better match