'Call of Duty Ghosts' News: Patch Adds Free 'Reinforce' Multiplayer Game Mode, A 'Domination' & 'Search and Rescue' Mix
A new patch hit Call of Duty: Ghosts on all platforms earlier today, providing the usual array of fixes and adjustments for reported problems, but it also adds in a new game mode dubbed "Reinforce."
The mode was planned as an initial mode for Ghosts, but was removed from the game for unknown reasons. Until now that is. The mode's gameplay is a mish-mosh of Domination, Search and Destroy, and Search and Rescue. Players can revive fallen teammates by capturing one of three flags scattered around the map. The game comes to a close in one of three ways: either all the players on one team are killed, all three flags are collected, or two control points are held. Sounds easy enough, right?
You can check out the official patch list below to see what else the patch does, courtesy of the Call of Duty forums:
* Improved FFA spawn logic.
* Improved TDM/KC/Cranked spawning logic.
* Updated Blitz spawn logic for online matches.
* Bizon - Reduced headshot multiplier: No longer allow for 1 body, 1 head shot kills, Max and Min damage range reduced, Slight increase to kick.
* Vepr - Aim down sight time faster. Now in line with other SMGs.
* CBJMS - Max and Min damage range reduced.
* IED - Damage reduction always applied when the player is jumping, crouched or prone. Removed IED position check relative to player.
* Thermobaric Grenades - Now do 1/2 max health in hardcore modes.
* Squad Mate - Reduced Accuracy & Fire Rate. Swapped Weapon to mp443.
* Update to DOM to allow 2, 5 minute rounds for eSports playlist, and with eSports mode in Private Match and System Link.
* Overall anti-cheat improvements.
* Fixed elite clan tag spoofing issue.
* Fixed an issue where the Tracked Operations and Progressed Operations loadout builder would not properly select items.
* Added popup message if a user tries to join on a blocked user from the recently met player list.
* Fixed an issue where the New Icons for heads/uniforms/etc would appear in private match.
* Fixed new icon to only appear on the "Heads" button when you have new heads of the gender you're using.
* Improvements to map voting.
* Fix In Game Store Image Stuttering when moving between images.
* Fixes hardcore audio alias for kill confirmed.
* Adds proper friendly alias for blitz friendly scoring.
* New Game Mode - Reinforce: Reinforce is a competitive round based game mode. When a player is killed that player will stay out of the game until someone on his team captures a control point. There are multiple ways to win. Capture and hold 2 control points, wipe out the enemy team, or capture all 3 flags for an instant victory.
* Gun Game - Final kill now requires a throwing knife kill, Players can scavenge throwing knives.
* Reduced the usability window of other items when deploying the Riot Shield.
* Drill logic improvements.
* Grenade Turret adjustments.
Xbox One Specific Update - Fixed issue that allowed access to friends list in offline menus.
PlayStation 4 Specific Update - Fixed the Out of Memory 12 issue, Fixed issue with 2nd controller being unable to join a different Clan after accepting a Clan invitation.