Mortal Kombat X News Round-Up: Release Date, Characters, Fatalities, Variants, Story Details
The tenth installment of Netherealm Studios legendary fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat is koming to consoles and PC next year. A lot of fans are chomping at the bit for any and all information, and we're happy to provide!
Mortal Kombat X will see release on April 15, 2015 on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One (though Netherealm is only working on the next-gen versions) and PC.
The story will flit through time in a non-linear fashion, including segments set twenty-five years after MK9.
- Sub Zero
- Kitana uncertain (a fan tweeted to Ed Boon she was dead and therefore couldn't return, to which he said "you know this is Mortal Kombat, right?")
- Goro (a pre-order exclusive)
- D'Vorah, a woman who controls insects.
- Cassie Cage, the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade.
- Kotal Kahn, an Aztec-inspired blood god.
- Ferra and Torr, a Master-Blaster like duo of a little person woman riding an armored giant dude.
Every character will have three outfits, emphasizing different fighting styles. Wear a different outfit? You'll be playing a different character almost.
Master Of Storms: set electricity based traps on the battlefield
Displacer: various teleportation and mobility powers.
Thunder God: increases hits to some normal attacks and adds Enhanced Lightning.
Kotal Kahn's variants
Blood God: you can plant boosting totems
War God: macuahuitl (war club) based special moves
Hellfire: Fire-based special moves.
Ninjitsu: Wield dual swords.
Inferno: Summon hellspawn minions into the fight.
Sub Zero's variants:
Cryomancer, Grandmaster, Unbreakable
Cutthroat, Commando, Cybernetic
There will be NO DC characters as bonus downloads, nor will Kiefer Sutherland have any involvement in the game. Freddy Krueger, a popular MK9 bonus character, is still up for debate. There will be no Street Fighter cross-over.
The game uses the Unreal 3 engine, highly customized. 60 fps, 1080p is promised even on last-gen consoles.