New Pokemon iOS Game Released: Kid-Focused 'Camp Pokemon' Offers Six Different Challenges On iPhone, iPad, And iPod Touch
The Pokemon Company International has launched a new Pokemon app on iOS focused specifically at young children.
Camp Pokemon offers a buffet of activities and mini-games, allowing users to interact with the popular characters in challenges and photo modes. There are six different activities, which are shown off in the trailer below.
The games are hosted on a 3D island, on which you can cycle between the activities and choose what you'd like to do--they all contribute towards the collection of almost 100 Pokemon pins. It all looks very kid-friendly, as expected, and most of the games are similar Pokemon-themed versions of activities like matching and aiming at targets.
Here are the six game types:
- Find the Pokémon: Use a spyglass to search for virtual Pokémon and earn their Pins. Earn Rewards to unlock new levels and search for other Pokémon in different environments.
- Poké Ball Throw: Launch Poké Balls at cardboard cutouts of Pokémon hiding in the grass and knock them down. Earn Rewards to unlock the Rock and Water environments.
- Pokémon Evolutions: Test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions by choosing the correct Pokémon missing from the Evolution chain.
- Battle Matchups: Practice type matchups, an important skill in Pokémon battles, by choosing which type is strong against the given Pokémon.
- Pokémon in Focus: Choose the Pokémon that matches the shadow projected on the tent.
- My Cabin: In this home base, campers can find their Pin Book, Photo Book, and Bulletin Board.
- Photo Booth: Create camp memories by taking photos with the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch camera, adding stickers to the images, and saving the pictures to the app's Photo Book or the Camera Roll on the camper's device.
- Mystery Cave: What could be hiding in the Mystery Cave? To find out, campers will need to earn the right to enter!
Camp Pokemon is availble now on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices running iOS 7 or later.