Destiny Update January 15: New Hotfix Is Live, Fixes Crota's End Exploits, Changes Crucible Maps, And More
The Destiny update Bungie outlined last week is rolling out today alongside official patch notes about what will be changed.
The main alterations, which drew headlines when announced last week, are those made to the Crota's End Raid. Almost every bug has been removed, forcing players to get through the dungeon the way it was meant to be played rather than making use of specific exploits to advance quickly.
Crota will now recover from kneeling position if a player quits at a certain time, getting rid of one of the most popular and easy exploits for beating Crota's End quickly. Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time during the start of the Crota encounter, and Presence of Crota can no longer be removed using Fireborn.
Bungie also tweaked multiple aspects of the Crucible, adding in new maps, upgraded Vault of Glass exotic drops, outlined the next Iron Banner event, and more. Here are a selection of the patch notes, with the full version available here:
- Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
- In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins
- Added maps to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
- The Anomaly
- The Burning Shrine
- Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
- Playlist weapon drops
- Level 32 Sniper Rifle
- Level 32 Auto Rifle
- Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
- Level 32 Hand Cannon
- Level 32 Rocket Launcher
- Level 32 Gauntlets
- Level 31 Chest