'Helldivers' Reinforcements Pack 2 DLC Released: Become A Demolitionist, Hazard Op, Specialist & Pilot [VIDEO]
Top-down PlayStation shooter-RPG Helldivers has added a new Reinforcement Pack for purchase, expanding player loadout options.
The first pack added three more support options, and the second bumps that up to four new additions. They are: Specialist, Demolitionist, Hazard Ops, and Pilot packs. The last three are available together in the Reinforcements 2 Pack for $5.99, and all of them are sold on their own for $2.99. No, I'm not sure why the Specialist isn't included in the bundle.'
The video below shows each loadout in action with a demonstration of the abilities they'll bring, and the PlayStation Blog has provided details on each. Here's what you'd be getting:
Helldiver Specialists are highly trained offensive support operatives. They specialize in the use of Stratagems and supportive fire. They are specially trained to receive enhanced air support.
- The Specialist Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- LAS-12 'Tanto': An ultra-compact laser SMG with extremely limited range. The short focused beam is very powerful to compensate for the short engagement envelope.
- Close Air Support: An 'Eagle' delivers a powerful strafing run followed by a pair of anti tank missiles. Effective at damaging almost all targets it does however have the drawback of being slightly unpredictable.
Helldiver Demolitionists are experts at tearing things down and blowing things up. They are rumored to be careless when handling explosives, though this is most likely just their familiarity with explosives being misinterpreted.
- The Demolitionist Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- MG-105 'Stalwart': A light machinegun based on the AR-19 'Liberator'. It's very powerful when used in sustained fire, but the initial recoil is often hard to handle resulting in unpredictable spread.
- REC-6 'Demolisher': A remote Explosive Charge capable of destroying both objectives and heavily armored enemies. The user can decide when to detonate the charge by pressing the detonator. Often referred to as a Satchel Charge.
The Hazard Operative Helldivers are trained in chemical and biological combat and protection. Sometimes shunned by fellow Helldivers for their use of inhumane warfare, many a Helldiver is happy to have them on the mission when it comes down to life or death. It's not like the enemy is Human after all.
- The Hazard Ops Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- AR-14D 'Paragon': A heavy semi-automatic rifle firing rounds similar to the AR-20L 'Justice', but without the penetrating capabilities. Instead the rounds are hollowed out and filled with a neurotoxin causing targets hit to become slow and sluggish.
- TOX-13 'Avenger': A high-pressure liquid projection weapon similar to the FLAM-40 'Incinerator'. Instead of projecting flaming napalm, this weapon sprays a very potent neurotoxin resulting in slow movements and irreversible brain damage.
The Pilot Helldiver is specially trained to operate the wide arsenal of vehicles available to the Helldiver troops. Especially trained in the use of the EXO-48 'Obsidian' Exosuit, Pilots are some of the few that are given the honor of using this heavily armed monster. Though they prefer to use vehicles, they are still Helldiver and very formidable troops on foot.
- The Pilot Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- AC-5 Arc Shotgun: A further development of the Arc technology, the AC-5 fires a wide, short range cone and damages everything covered by the static discharge. The charge up is much faster than the original Arc Thrower but the discharge is not quite as powerful.
- EXO-48 'Obsidian': A powerful exosuit with two double autocannons. The firepower contained in this walking monstrosity annihilates light and medium infantry, and the two magazines allows for both maximum firepower or conserving ammunition. The only downside to this mech is its distinct lack of anti-tank capabilities.