'Helldivers' Free Update 'Turning Up The Heat' Details: Increased Rank Cap, New Trophies, Enemies & More [VIDEO]
Arrowhead Studios released paid Helldivers DLC, but the team is also accompanying Reinforcements Pack 2 with a free update.
Called Helldivers: Turning Up The Heat, the expansion adds a slew of free features to supplement the main game, including a new rank cap. This will also be offered as a new bundled version of Helldivers to purchase for those who don't yet own the game-- Helldivers: Turning Up The Heat comes with the main game and its new updates plus the new Specialist Pack DLC for $19.99.
Here are the additions from the free update:
- Increased rank cap from 25 to 27
- New Trophies
- New environment: Volcanic planets, full of dangers.
- New Bug enemy: The Bug Impaler.
- New Cyborg enemy: The Cyborg Hound.
- New Illuminate enemy: The Illuminate Obelisk.
- Three new objective types: Repair and Fire Artillery, Disarm Unexploded Ordnance, and Geological Survey.
- New customization outfit: The Volcanic Camouflage set.
- New perk: Strong Arm, allowing you to throw further.
For those who don't own the game and are considering the Turning Up the Heat edition, the Specialist Pack is one of the new loadouts available in Reinforcements Pack 2, and can be purchased on its own (but is no included in the bundle, perhaps because of its inclusion in the Turning Up The Heat offer). Details on what that pack and the other loadouts include can be found here.