Next 'Call of Duty' Isn't 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4' [RUMOR]
A YouTube video making the rounds has quite a few claims about the next "Call of Duty" game, citing a reliable source who is "a part of the Call of Duty" machine.
With no names to go on, and no confirmation from Activision, take everything here with a whopping grain of salt. Here's what the video discusses:
- the next game will not be titled "Modern Warfare 4," but "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
- it stems from the "Modern Warfare" series, but branches out into a new direction, featuring a campaign set in the future.
- a major event in the future causes troops to have to use weapons currently available, instead of something more futuristic.
- multiplayer loading screens will be dynamic, like a "mini-game" which bring you into the multiplayer map.
- player movement is changed around: ex. players can "dash into sliding while shooting."
- prone and crouch will be changed a bit as well, and supposedly, peeking around corners is back for the console versions.
- Spec-Ops mode is no more, and will be replaced by something "new" along with different mini-games.
- a more destructive environment is being considered, but developers are finding it "problematic" in multiplayer.
- the game will only launch on PC and next-generation consoles.
The announcement of the game is supposedly going to be made on or near May 1. Activision has yet to deny or confirm any of the rumors mentioned in the video. You can watch it for yourself below.