No second Season Pass coming for Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina's Assault DLC gets hotfixes
After the recent announcement for more DLC (with more potentially on the way) for Borderlands 2, gamers were curious whether or not Gearbox would cut them a break by offering another Season Pass. Well, no such luck. A Gearbox rep confirmed with Polygon that there are no plans to launch a second season pass for the game and its bazillions of guns. The wub wub's still free though.
"Through the course of our grand experiment, we've also learned that fans are happy with an a la cart menu for DLC because they can pick and choose the content that they most want to buy and really customize their Borderlands 2 experience," the representative said.
The rep tried to justify the lack of an additional pass by saying that Gearbox's move to include the Vault Hunter Upgrade pack in the first Season Pass mad it worth more than first announced.
"They're voting with their wallets - and we are grateful that there are enough of them asking that we can justify the cost of developing the content," the spokesperson said.
In other DLC news for the game, Gearbox has released a new patch for Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, set to install automatically once players connect online, effective on all platforms. We have the complete list of changes below:
- Corrected an issue with certain assault rifles not receiving the proper damage bonus from their barrel.
- Flynt now has a chance to drop the Tinderbox and other unique items.
- Addressed an issue where BNK-3R could get stuck and not be defeated.
- Corrected the alignment of holographic pistol sights.
- (Mr. Torgue DLC) Badassasarus now takes proper explosion damage from the Tunguska rocket launcher.
- (Tiny Tina DLC) Players that have accepted but not completed "Roll Insight" can now properly interact with Murderlin.
- (Tina Tiny DLC) Repositioned the boundary turrets in Unassuming Docks to prevent players from missing a critical area.
- Addressed a rare issue where players who did not complete the optional "Collect Slag Samples" objective would not properly spawn back into the Natural Selection Annex.
- (PC / Mac Only) Fixed an issue where the visual effect tied to Krieg's "Hellfire Halitosis" skill could last longer than intended
The changes are only temporary though, and will need to be added each time you log in, at least until Gearbox goes through certifying the changes through the proper channels.