Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer details point at 20,000 Create-A-Soldier Options, 35 perks
This year’s Gamescom event has to be one of the most exciting Gamescoms in recent years with a massive number of details arriving for a host of games that are expected to make it huge later this year when associated with the upcoming next generation consoles such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It should come as no real surprise that the upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts has made that list.
At its official Gamescom conference, Activision has revealed a boatload of details for the next Call of Duty title on the cards – Ghosts. These new details also include the likes of refurbished load-outs and a fresh Create-A-Soldier system.
As confirmed by Activision, players will have the option to customize their soldiers with as many as 20,000 different options that deal with the character’s appearance, including the ability to assign points for a primary weapon, secondary weapon, tactical equipment, and Perks. As the player levels up, new equipments will be unlocked and will be available with attachments, with Killstreaks already being made free.
Moreover, these perks have been divided into seven categories, with a massive total of 35 altogether. Each of these perks have a range of one to five, and players will have the option to allocate eight points overall – actually 11 points in total if the player decides to decline a secondary weapon.
The perks have been divided in the following categories:
1. Speed – For example, a sleight of hand and the associated agility
2. Handling – Weapons much more smooth on the go (example: reloading while sprinting) and a strong arm to throw equipment further back and decrease grenade cook time.
3. Stealth – This involves takedown and killing enemies without revealing the location of their death, and off the grid movement where players can move through varied environments undetected.
4. Awareness – Deals with detecting enemy equipment and improve situational consciousness.
5. Resistance – Offers better damage resistance and health regeneration.
6. Equipment – carrying more ammunition, attachments, and everything related in the battlefield.
7. Elite – This is the option to reveal nearby hostiles upon killing an enemy and also Deadeye – with increased bullet damage while the player is amassing the kills.
Activision has also outlined the available strike packages, which include the three well known categories: Assault, Support and Specialist.
Specialist: More consecutive kills will earn you more perks.
Assault: Based on consecutive enemy kills and resets on death. New streak rewards include:
- Sat Com - Using satellite communications to spy on enemy movement.
- Guard Dog - The combat dog will warn you of enemies approaching, and attack when needed.
- Maniac - Seeking help from a knife wielding juggernaut, where a high-speed melee attack takes over from guns.
Support: Enemy kills do not reset when the player dies. New streak rewards, according to CVG report, are as follows:
- “Night Owl: Advanced drone that detects enemies, and offers protection from explosions.
- MAAWS: Laser guides will guide missiles from the free-fire rocket launcher.
- Helo Scout: Hop on a helicopter and provide aerial sniper support
Call of Duty: Ghosts is currently scheduled for a Nov. 5 launch worldwide.