Seven multiplayer modes and ten maps available for Battlefield 4 at launch
It won't be much longer now 'til gamers will have their hands on some next-gen shooter glory. Battlefield 4's campaign mode will no doubt be enjoyed, but it's by and large the multiplayer that most gamers will enjoy. As such, DICE detailed seven different modes for the mode via its Battlefield Blog, what each mode entails, the amount of players supported, and anything else you need to know.
The full details are below:
- Conquest (playable in beta) - the definitive Battlefield mode - All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea. Designed for 24 players on Xbox 360 and PS3, and 64 players on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Domination (playable in beta) - a fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest. Designed for 20 players on all platforms.
- Obliteration - It's a mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives. Designed for 24 players on Xbox 360 and PS3, and 32 players on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Defuse - close quarters combat for a crazy competition. Designed for 5 on 5 on all platforms
- Team Deathmatch - the classic shooter mode, Battlefield 4 style. Designed for 20 players on all platforms
- Rush - fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations. Designed for 24 players on Xbox 360, PS3, and 32 players on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Squad Deathmatch - four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard. Designed for 16 players on all platforms
Also, a full list of all the game's multiplayer maps were leaked a bit early. Unfortunately, it was only the names of the maps, but no actual information about them, but it's worth mentinoning anyway:
- Siege of Shanghai
- Paracel Storm
- Operation Locker
- Golmud Railway
The last six names (from Damage on) are basic names used internally at DICE, so expect them to change before the game's full release.
Battlefield 4 is coming on October 29 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and will be available on next-gen platforms at the systems' respective launch. The multiplayer beta arrives October 1.